04 October 2006


            Men and Women Can't Be Friends

            Now when I was a kid I watched a movie
            called "When Harry met Sally" which I suppose
            must be some kind of classic by now.
            I think it was Harry who said to Sally, or
            maybe it was Sally who said to Harry,
            that men and women can't be friends
            because sex gets in the way.
            It's sad that this is true, because right now
            as I sit and talk to you, I'm wondering
            what you look like in the nude.
            Because you look really sexy today.
            My girlfriend would hit me if she knew,
            and your boyfriend would hit me if he knew.
            You would hit me too if you knew,
            or maybe you'd be flattered.
            But anyway the point is I can't stop wondering
            what you look like in the nude.
            I'm not going to kiss you or hug you or
            touch your breasts or anything like that.
            But I really can't or won't stop wondering
            what you look like in the nude.
            And maybe this is why men and women
            can't ever be friends.
posted by Gilbert at Wednesday, October 04, 2006

5 Comments:

Blogger dreamer idiot said...

Haha, not sure about its 'poeticity', but it sure made me laugh out loud.

October 04, 2006  
Blogger mrdes said...

haha...this is so cheeky, yet focused, just like a man would be.

October 06, 2006  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

haha! i must echo mrdes's comment, this is so cheeky.

October 08, 2006  
Blogger nofearSingapore said...

Hi
Seriously there is much to ponder on.
Opposite sexes attract and that's the truth.( I don't want to get entangled about non-opposite sexes scenario).
If you really connect with someone ( of other sex), physical attraction happens-and unless one artificially stymies its full and unbridled union, it would lead to sex.
But it does not happen 99% of time, as our social/cultural/religious conventions insist that physical union is meant only when the two are in a "properly-recognised" social setting of marriage.
I fear worms are peeping out of an prised-open can!
Don't shoot me!
Dr.Huang

October 08, 2006  
Blogger Orso Dorato said...

Oh so true. No matter how we men deny it.


PS. you may remember me or may not, but in any case sorry for the long absence.

November 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home