04 October 2006


            Confession

            If I could stand away from myself
            And look at me, I think I would be amazed.
            I fear I’ve gone a little crazy.
            I sit alone in cafes pondering mysteries.
            I hear voices where none should be.
            “Follow me, follow me,” they say.
            When the weather changes,
            I read the clouds for messages.
            Every person passing me on the street
            is an omen. Most of all, I have seen
            how all of us are one,
            Wrapped in the same mystery.
            When I am cut, you bleed.
            Now this sight is stripped from me.
            Now I cry. I weep. I want to write down
            What I saw. I am an error,
            I am lost. What is given can after all
            Be taken away. I want it back.
            What’s the meaning of meaning?
posted by Gilbert at Wednesday, October 04, 2006

7 Comments:

Blogger dreamer idiot said...

Wow... I like this one. There's a sense of earnestness and a desperate honesty about lost bearings that seems to cry out against itself. Haha, I guess this poem mirrors my own metaphysical quest that I had begun many years ago and am still nowhere to anywhere.

Good to see you writing again. It was worth the wait. :)

October 04, 2006  
Blogger mrdes said...

it's like we are lost in this one big mystery called life. Yes, our lives are somehow all connected. Our births are errors, or rather imprefections...I like this a lot,thanks! Forgive my rambling, is just things that this poem drags my mind through:-)

October 06, 2006  
Blogger sei-ji rakugaki said...

lovely..lovely..deja vu?deja vu?

October 06, 2006  
Blogger MB said...

What is give can after all
Be taken away.

I'm not sure if our search for meaning ever truly ends, except in the omnipresence of change. Yet we are wrapped in the same mystery and connected, somehow. A thought-provoking piece, Gilbert.

October 08, 2006  
Blogger lakeside girl said...

Sometimes i feel like "i am an error" too.

Your poems unfold like a movie, and i take great pleasure in ruminating on your words.

October 08, 2006  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

a thought-provoking work, gilbert.

"What's the meaning of meaning?"
my head is beginning to spin. :)

October 08, 2006  
Blogger dawndie said...

When I am cut, you bleed.
Now this sight was stripped from me.
Now I cry. I weep. I want to write down
What I saw. I am an error,
I am lost.


How beautiful.

I don't know, I think I've gone a little crazy too. You have just articulated my feelings about myself.

November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home