30 September 2006


            Games

            Somewhere along the way,
            I became familiar with these games
            of words and politics.
            Learned to play them well.
            So did you.

            Now we know how to smile
            when we say the things we don’t mean.
            The half-truth is a useful tool.
            Every day, we’re masking objectives
            and planning new manoeuvres
            in the dark.

            Although you have my respect,
            you do not have my trust.
            We play these games too well.
            I smile at you, and remain wary.
posted by Gilbert at Saturday, September 30, 2006

4 Comments:

Blogger Bluesky_Liz said...

I know that game!

Necessary just to get by. I don't suppose things will work if everyone acts out exactly how they feel. Nothing will get done. No one wants to think about this either; it can cause paranoia in some people.

September 30, 2006  
Blogger MB said...

Trust requires honesty. I find this a sad poem.

October 03, 2006  
Blogger mrdes said...

I know the game too. The trick is to assess and tackle the situation, not to judge people.

October 03, 2006  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

that's the world, dude!

October 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home