02 June 2006


              Third Party

              The woman I love
              is yelling at her mother
              who is yelling back.
              I try to intercede,
              to make peace.
              She snaps, “Shut up,
              it’s none of your business.”
              On this point alone,
              her mother fully agrees.
              I sit back, roll my eyes
              at the ceiling.
              Taking the spectator’s
              back seat.
              They turn back to their
              rudely interrupted
              quarrel.
posted by Gilbert at Friday, June 02, 2006

1 Comments:

Blogger HairyDonut said...

I like the way you sound like a poet for every line except "On this issue alone". Then the lawyer surfaces.

June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home