20 March 2008


              Business Travel

              Between one delayed flight and the next
              I orbit in airport lounges,
              drift from one cup of coffee to another,

              my mind slipping from the pages
              of a meaningless magazine
              into memories of life elsewhere,

              your touch, the sound of your voice,
              like signals from a distant planet
              that I'd missed, and miss again.
posted by Gilbert at Thursday, March 20, 2008

6 Comments:

Blogger dawndie said...

How familiar, the feeling.=)

March 26, 2006  
Blogger Jee Leong Koh said...

Hi Gilbert,
I like "Business Travel." "orbit" sets up the planet in the conclusion, and the play on "miss" clinches the ending. I don't think I have congratulated you on winning the Golden Point. Well done! It's good for me to see someone balancing business and poetry in their life.

Cheers,
Jee Leong

March 29, 2006  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Deja Vu, you have read my mind using arcane ans subtle poetry

Kind Regards

March 30, 2006  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Hi Gilbert,
this is a reworked version of an older poem, right?

love the 3rd stanza, sums up the mood of the poem

March 30, 2006  
Blogger Gilbert Koh said...

Hi Jee Leong

Good to hear from you again. I guess Dreamer Idiot brought you here, huh?

Seen your blog. Great stuff, your works have grown a lot more complex and challenging ...

~~~~

Cloned Corpse

Thank you again. You are always so kind with your praises. :)

~~~~

Dsnake

Yes, think you probably saw the previous version. I've redone the third stanza completely, this is a new 3rd stanza you're looking at.

April 01, 2006  
Blogger sigmund fraud said...

I feel the previous version was more personal.

April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home